Suggested Activities Timeline
These suggestions are provided as a sampling of the many projects that your chapter may choose to undertake. It is not meant to be a comprehensive list, and you are encouraged to be creative in developing activities that suit your membership. Many more ideas can be found in the Educators Rising California Handbook for Teacher Leaders that comes in your national chapter kit.
One of the things that contributes to the success of a chapter is the excitement that is generated about the various activities. You are encouraged to appoint a standing Publicity Committee to promote the chapter's activities through school communication channels and local media. Support from civic and education leaders can be of great value to a thriving organization.
- Membership drive (posters, article in school newspaper, Educators Rising California Bulletin board)
- Publicize dates of Educators Rising California Events to chapter members
- Elect officers & standing committee chairman
- Fundraise for membership dues
- Homecoming activities (float, fundraiser)
- Begin making plans to attend Educators Rising California conferences and the Educators Rising National Conference
- Plan community project for Thanksgiving (e.g., food/blanket/coat drive for local shelter)
- Community project for Thanksgiving
- Plan community project for Holiday season (e.g., toy drive, adopt-a-family)
- Plan Christmas party for club, parents, teachers
- Volunteer to help elementary teachers with Christmas/Holiday parties
- Community project for Holiday season
- Christmas/Holiday party
- Volunteer to help in elementary grades (tutoring, reading, puppet show, etc.). Continue for several months.
- Winter encouragement for teachers.
- Carnation sale for Valentine's Day
- "We Love Teaching" publicity campaign (school newspaper, posters, etc.)
- Plan to visit/tour a college of education during April
- St. Patrick's Day fun surprise for teachers
- Visit college campus
- Plan activities for Teacher Appreciation Week (1st full week in May) and National Teacher Day (Tuesday during Teacher Appreciation Week)
- Teacher Appreciation Week(1st full week in May)/National Teacher Day (Tuesday during Teacher Appreciation Week) activities
- Educators Rising California club awards banquet
- End-of-year social