The New Math for Justifying Online Learning: Leveraging ROI and VOI Analysis for ED Tech Investments
Released at Bb World 2011, July 14, 2011
|The New Math for Justifying Online Learning addresses the opportunities that exist for districts to think anew about how they are justifying online learning initiatives as well as other emerging technology projects. The recommendations, tools and featured projects described in the report are designed to support and enhance the current activities of school and district leaders, who are just starting out with an online learning initiative or considering expansion of existing projects. Key questions examined in this report include:|
- What factors are driving districts to initiate or expand online learning?
- What do the terms “Value on Investment” and “Return on Investment” mean in an education setting?
- What is the new math for justifying online learning decisions?
- How are innovative districts using this new thinking to justify their online learning projects?
- How can you use the report’s recommendations and tools in your district to evaluate your district’s ed tech investments?
Click here to download the report.
The tools, findings and case studies highlighted in this report are the result of data collected from 34 district administrators through an online survey, extensive interviews with ten district leaders and findings from the Speak Up National Research Project. Though many experts provided valuable input to this project, Project Tomorrow and Blackboard, Inc. would like to especially thank the following district leaders for sharing their unique insights, proven wisdom and real world experiences with us: